My Beyond Barbie message has been featured on the 700 Club television show, in Today’s Christian Woman magazine, and at numerous events around the States.
Watch the 700 Club segment and learn a little about my story.
- Barbie’s was modeled from Lilli, a scantily-clad German doll of ill-repute that was sold as a men’s gag gift.
- Mattel introduced Barbie in 1959 at New York’s Toy Fair.
- Barbie’s first career was a teenage fashion model. She went on to have more than 80 including: astronaut, ballerina, police officer, nurse, paleontologist and rock star. (Amazing considering that her head is completely empty.)
- The average American girl owns eight Barbies.
- If placed head to toe, Barbie doll and family members sold since 1959 would circle the earth more than seven times.
- Barbie has no belly button.
- Every second, three Barbie dolls are sold somewhere in the world.
- Barbie has had more than a billion pairs of shoes.
My Story in Today’s Christian Woman magazine